Monday, March 30, 2009

Look Who Torie Met!

Brandon Mull, author of Fablehaven and Candy Shop Wars, came to our school and Torie had the opportunity to meet him. She brought her book, Candy Shop Wars, and was thrilled he was willing to sign it. Then thanks to Karra who thought to bring her camera, she got her picture taken with him. She was so excited when she got home and couldn't wait to tell me all about it. I am so grateful my kids go to such a great school where so many neat opportunities are available for them.

7 comments:

Paul and Mari said...

That is really cool!

Cherai said...

It really is a great school!

Cassie and Chad said...

Hey Kalli met him too! He did a contest at her school to see who shared a birthday with one of the characters and she did...and won a T-shirt from him!

Awesome Torie!!!

Allyson & Jere said...

Did I ever mention that he's one of Lanas good friends? They were in a comedy troupe together at BYU. How fun for Torie to meet him. Now, i can't wait to read the new book, I've been waiting forever!

Karen said...

that WAS WAY cool!! I got to meet him too!!

simplyshye said...

So cool !! my daughter got to see him too and have a few books signed - it was the highlight of her week , day ... life . She told me - she was NeVER washing "that shoulder" -- hehe . I used to think things like that when i would meet famous people -- oh wait... i didn't meet famous poeple . But anywho -- snaps snaps for your awesome meeting ! ;-)

Bren's Life said...

I wish Josh would of gotten a picture. He was so excited... That's so cool