Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Guys And Dolls

Every year our middle school puts on a play. This year they performed Guys and Dolls. If you think about it this is kinda a weird play for middle school, I mean it is all about love and gambling. But this is what they choose to do and they did a great job. Around Christmas time tryouts began. Torie and Porter both tried out (I do not know where they come from! I would have never had the nerve to do something like that and I don't think Ron would have either!). Porter got the part of Nicely Nicely, the fat goofy gambler (when he got the part he said "Huh I am not fat and I don't gamble kinda funny huh?) and Torie got the part of a Hot Box Girl (back up dancer to the main character) and a towns person. Practices started late December and went through the middle of March. Sometimes they would go to school for a 7:00am practice and not get home until 6:00 pm. But they stuck it out and did a fantastic job! I was so impressed with the whole production. Every one who participated has every reason to proud of themselves! I have some video, but I have to figure out how to upload them for some reason it is not working. When I do I will share them but for now here are a few pictures.





The cast after the show.

Torie dressed as a towns person with her friend Arielle.

Porter as Nicely Nicely and Ian as Sky Masterson.

Porter and Torie! Aren't they cute!

6 comments:

Karen said...

It was soooo good! I am also amazed at where your kids get that courage to get up there and perform. My kids like the spotlight too and it baffles me!

Bren's Life said...

How awesome is that! I wish we would of went to see it. Your kids are always willing to try anything. That's great!

Marissa said...

I just got caught up on your blog -reading is much easier than writing - I need to get caught up on MY blog! Someday...for now, I am sorry Cherai is gone. That is hard. Bryndee is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could have seen the play - but I am very proud of Torie and Porter. It is a lot of work to be part of play and it looks and sounds like they did a wonderful job of it!
Love you all - Marissa

Jen Shumway said...

I loved it. theey did such a grat job.

Shayla Taylor said...

It was terrific! I have been taking Michael andd Jacob to the school plays for the past three years and we are always amazed. This one was "phenomenal" according to Michael. Kudos Torie and Porter. We loved it!

Kristi said...

Porter and Torie did a great job!