Friday, March 27, 2009

Dad Again!

Once again I took this off Cassie's Blog...

"Thanks for all of the prayers and concerns! The surgery went well. PHEW! The surgeon went into his hip and saw that there was quite a bit of infected fluid all throughout it. He was able to clean and "power wash" the hip out. The problem he did find that because the cancer has eaten away so much of the bone there are lots of little holes for the infectious bug to hide. So the chances of him having to have his hip "power washed" again is likely. They will be giving him some hard core antibiotics but with him being on chemo that is likely to fight the antibiotic. So frequent blood tests will have to be done to determine if the levels of infection rise. Does any of this make sense???? Any how he is recovering and will probably be released from the hospital on Monday if all goes well. Hopefully this will have relieved much of his pain that he has had in that area. Only time will tell. I am so grateful that my sister Tara was able to fly up here from AZ to help with driving my mom back and forth to Huntsman Medical, which is about 1 hour away. My mom will not drive in the dark, on the freeway or if it is raining or snowing, so Tara being here will help a lot!"

I feel so bad that my Dad is going through this! Every time I tell him this he always says "I would rather it be me than anyone of my girls." It is so hard not being there with him and my Mom, but with 3 sisters and my Mom by his side I am updated regularly! I sure love him and want to see this trial over! I know it will be a long road, but I feel they are finally heading the right direction.

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Here's hoping that his pain will be significantly decreased and that he can truly get on his way to healing. So sorry you're all having to go through this, it SUCKS!

Don and Sandy said...

Your mom sounded so good when I talked to her. She seemed so much more light hearted. I think this is such a relief for her too. Its hard to see your husband suffer.