Last week my wonderful friend Cherai and her family relocated to New Mexico for a new family adventure. Jennifer Shumway and I decided to celebrate Cherai and have a going away brunch for her and all her friends. It was a success! Cherai wanted to have ONE rule at this party... NO CRYING! I tried to follow, but when I couldn't keep it in I would go inside where she could not see me.
It is so weird having her gone. Not only because she was such a good friend to me and so many people, but also because her kids were my kid's friends. Torie and Sadie were inseparable, best friends from the very beginning. Kymber and Kamryn have a love-hate relationship kinda on again and off again. They would be the best of friends one day and the next they would be screaming at each other. Then there is Porter and Derek. Porter is almost 3 years older than Derek, but they share a great friendship. These pictures were taken the morning the Slades left.

Sadie and Torie! Torie is fighting back tears!
Kymber and Kamryn! This was an "ON" day!
Porter and Derek! Just good friends!Cherai is definitely One Of A Kind! I have never known anyone quite like her. Even though she is younger than I am, I really look up to her. She is a very wise person! She has a lot of common sense! I would always call her for advice for one thing or another. She is the most honest person you will ever come in contact with. Cherai is know for being funny! Not class clown kinda funny, but someone who does hilarious things and then laughs at herself. Those of us who know her real well call these stories "Cherai-isms"! I am not going to share them here (we already shared a lot at her party) but if you ever want a good laugh just ask me about the mustache cream!

Just some random shots of friends visiting at the Brunch. The food was wonderful and there were lots of friends that came to say goodbye! I think Cherai was surprised at just how many people's lives she and her family have touched. 

Jennifer telling the mustache cream story. Cherai just sitting there laughing at herself!
Marcia and Cherai
Millie and Cherai
Cherai and Ariane
Cherai and Jenn!
Jennifer, Cherai, and I! (I look horrible! I had done a lot of crying that morning and my eyes sure did show it!)
Laura, Cherai, and I! Laura lives in the house between Cherai and I. Our families did a lot of things together. Things like BBQ, Pool parties, Gardening, Christmas lights at the Temple, Trick-or-Treating, Camping, Etc. It is very hard to find a couple that both you and your spouse "click" with, but in our situation all 6 of us got along great! And to make it even better we all lived next door to each other. Can you believe how lucky we were?
4 comments:
What a great post. It really is SO hard to say goodbye to such a good friend. I cried for at least 6 months every time I passed Angies street when she moved to Colorado. Good luck with the "transition". But, how nice to have such great friends as neighbors. And SHEESH, you don't write for like EVER and suddenly you have like 20. Yea you.
Thanks Andi. I sure love you like a sister. It was a nice party. I miss everyone so much. I hope I get to come back soon. Until then don't forget to visit!!!!
You live in such a great neighborhood with so many friends. Mesa is so different. Makes me want to move out there.
It is great to see those pictures. I miss her. I am going to steel some of those pictures.
Post a Comment