Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dad!

Once again I took this info off of Cassie's Blog...

"Well we just found out that my dad has to undergo surgery...Again. He has been in unbelievable pain for the last couple of months. His Chemo doctor has just been throwing more and more medication down him to try to ease his pain without figuring out the problem. (She is not my favorite can you tell!) Anyhow he was finally able to meet with his surgeon who performed his hip replacement. Needless to say he was extremely concerned with my dad's progression which has been NONE! It has been very frustrating to watch him in this pain and not getting any better. Well the surgeon decided to run test and he believes that my dad's hip is infected. So tomorrow he will be checked into Huntsman Cancer Hospital to undergo more surgery to scrape any infection from his hip. "

When Cassie told me this info my first thought was FINALLY someone is willing to help him. But then I realized he has to into surgery again and I am nervous for that. But if this will give us some answers we need then I think this is a good thing. I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and inquiries about my parents. It really helps us get through this rough time.

4 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I hope everything goes good for him tomorrow... He'll be in our prayers.
How are you feeling? Do you need anything?

Karen said...

I think the hardest thing is to have to WATCH someone go thru something hard and not be able to help them. Prayer is the only thing you even feel like you can do. We are keeping in our prayers too. Watch out for those sharp knives!! Just kidding! it could only happen to us... Hang in there :)

Cindy said...

Keep us posted--things will be fine. He is a fighter! Soon it will be over and he will be running around with your kids this summer.

Gina said...

Andi, The same thing happened to my mom after her hip replacement surgery,only she didn't have the added bonus of cancer. I feel so bad for your dad. I know how painful it was for my mom and how hard it was watching her as well. She was lucky enough to find an infectious disease doctor that worked with the surgeon. Unfortunately, her hip had to be taken out twice--and left out once for 3 months--for all the infectious stuff to be dealt with.

Wish I had better news. You are so blessed to have so much family close to him. It makes you being farther away just a tad bit easier.