Porter was able to compete in the Arizona State Science Fair and he took 1st place in the Chemistry Division for Middle School. He used his same project that he won 1st place with at our school it was Greenhouse Gasses and Alternative Fuels. He took plant and animal matter and captured methane. At least that is how I understand it. If you want a better explanation you would have to ask him or Ron. Monday he missed school to be at the fair. He was scheduled to answer questions from the judges from 10:00-2:00. He and Ron went together, but parents had to be in a different room from the students. I am guessing this is so parents could not help with the answers the judges were seeking. He must have done a good job because he also got a medal from The US Navy and Marine Corps recognizing his project. He was so excited!
Ron was not able to come to the awards ceremony last night, in fact he got home after Porter was in bed. Porter made me promise that I would not tell Ron and that I would have Ron wake him up so he could tell him himself. Ron came in his room at about 9:45 and tried to wake him up with no success. He did get him to roll over and when he did that Ron heard clank clank. Porter went to bed with both medals around his neck. Needless to say Ron got the medals off and came and asked me what they were all about. We are so proud of him and all his hard work. He is already talking about what he can do next year.

Porter after receiving his medal! He could not quit smiling!
Porter with both his medals! Sorry for the lousy picture! When I got there I turned on my camera and found out my batteries were almost dead. Kymber and Ellie have been playing with my camera and drained the juice out of the batteries. I just changed the batteries a month ago and never thought about checking them. I barely got this picture no time to zoom in.
6 comments:
That is so AWESOME Porter! Way to go. You sure sre quite the stud!!
That is so great. Good for him. He is so cute. Maybe some of him will rub off on my Porter. Who got the big, huge trophies in the background? He should have!
Congrats to Porter!! That is cute about him going to sleep with the medals on. :)
Cool Portor. That is really cool.
See you in July
Breton
That is so awesome!!! Way to go bug. Chad asked me tonight which of our kids would ever have the chance to win something like this, we came up with Andrew. Maybe Porter could be his mentor!!!
That is alot to smile about. Good job Porter
Post a Comment