Porter's true love is Basketball, but he decided to give Cross Country a try. He did pretty good, alot better than I could ever dream of doing. With each meet his time got better. Today was his last meet and he had his best time. Maybe because he got new tennis shoes that actually fit. I felt so bad, he came to me the other day concerned that he had creases in the bottom of his feet and wanted to know if they would ever go away. I asked him to put on his tennis shoes so I could see how they fit him. When he did I was horrified, his feet were way too big for his shoes they were totally cramped and busting out. He had been running for the last 5 weeks at least one and one half miles a day with his feet this way. I felt terrible but also a little excited, maybe this means he will finally grow and catch up to his buddies. We will have to wait and see.
Mrs. Wojo (their coach), Ian, Porter, Prescott, Carter, and Chris. They are all in the 6 grade at the local elementary school. It's kinda funny to see how scrawny they all are, but just think in a couple of years they will be totally beefed up.
Porter is known for always smiling. I guess even when he is in the middle of a mile and a half run he can still smile. I can't say the same for me.
Here he is booking it at the end of his race getting ready to cross the finish line. We are so proud of him and his determination. Way to go Bug!
3 comments:
Way to go PorkerBug!! We think you are really great. Cross country will help you in any sport because of the endurance it teaches you. Congrats on finishing the season stron!!!
Great Job Porter! Way to sprint to the finish... Take after his dad running cross country or what??
How fun... isn't it the best to watch your kids in their activities, it is one of my favorite times of being a parent!
Post a Comment