Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Everyone Needs A Little Boy!

I am so excited! My neighbors, Chris and Laura Hubbard just found out they are expecting their first little boy. They already have 3 girls and have been really hoping for a boy. She called me yesterday just thrilled. Because of our conversation, it made me stop and think about my kids. Although girls are wonderful, every family needs to experience a boy. They are so different. I will never forget when Porter turned 1, he got a black truck for his birthday. He immediately took that truck and started "driving" it on the ground with sound effects and all. I was amazed no one taught him that he just knew it. After a while, I came in to find Bryndee (3years old at the time) using the same truck as a baby bed. It was at that time I realized that from the very beginning boys are boys and girls are girls. When we found out that Taralee was a girl I may have been a little disappointed, only because we all wanted a boy so bad. That disappointment didn't last long because I decided that I have 6 wonderful girls and and 1 bonus child, Porter my only boy. I came from a family of all girls, (there were 5 of us) so my Mom and Dad didn't get their "bonus child". They didn't get to experience the true boy experience; sound effects for everything, really smelly rooms (we have no idea why it smells so bad), teasing sisters because it is fun, bodily noises that are oh so funny (maybe that is why his room smells so bad), play by play commentary about sporting events, a ball constantly being bounced on the floor, the wall, or the ceiling, and the really cute relationship he has with his little sisters. Everyone needs to experience a boy and I am so happy the Hubbards will finally get their turn.

5 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I am so Excited for them!! I didn't even know she was pregnant.. When is she due?
I am so glad I don't have 6 girls. I definately would be crazy & not able to deal if I had 4 more Charly & Allie's...

TheShumWAYS said...

Do you think the same could be said about girls :)? I love my boys, but on the same hand would love a little girl. Maybe the 4th will be the lucky opposite sex like your neighbor.

Anonymous said...

Andrea - you forgot to tell me she was going to have a boy. That's neat. I think you forgot to mention how you have to mop around the toilet when those little boys miss. Poor Porter - now everyone will know he isn't perfect... but let's not tell him he isn't okay?

Cassie and Chad said...

Porter seriously is a great kid especially putting up with all those sisters (and mom). Just think how sensitive he will be as a hubby and he will already have a good idea of what to expect from his date, girlfriend, wife etc. Just look at the range in personalities. From Bryndee to Torie to Kymber...you have them all covered.

Jen Shumway said...

You are so right about boys. The best thing about them is they love their Mom. And they don't care if they are wearing green and orange .