I told you in the last post my dishwasher died. Well I didn't realize how bad it was. I thought the motor just blew and that was the end of it, it was about 10 years old so it was time. When Ron was taking it out and taking it apart (no he could not just say "it's old lets get a new one", he had to examine it and see if he could fix it) he saw that the electrical cord was fried. When he went to use the disposal, he saw that the breaker was thrown. He then realized how lucky we were that we did not have an electrical fire, and how grateful we were that we were being watched over. So needless to say because we have been doing dishes by hand we are using alot of disposal plates, cups, and utensils. The new dishwasher has been ordered and paid for and will be delivered today. The kids are just as excited for it to come as I am, maybe I could actually get them to help load and unload it. Wishful thinking!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is scary with that being in the middle of your house. So glad you are getting a new one. I thought you were going to say he got some new wire and fixed it.
HOORAY!!!! Isn't it amazing the luxuries we can't live with out. Let me know if a new dishwasher does the trick for getting kids excited to load/unload!
Sometimes I think what if we could see all the things the Lord was doing to protect us- I am sure there are so many that I don't see. So glad that there was no fire...tender mercy for sure!
Post a Comment