I just finished reading the book The Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner. It was wonderful. This book is actually the 3rd in a series, and I would recommend all three. The first book is These Is My Words, the 2nd is Sara's Quilt and the 3rd is The Star Garden. This series is a fictional diary of Sara Agnes Prine (the author based her books from her own grandmother's diary), a girl growing up in the Arizona territories. I believe in the first book she is a 16 year old, uneducated girl. The series goes through her life until she is a grown woman. I am actually sad that I am finished with this series. Because these books were so well written, I actually feel like I am going to miss the characters. I guess it is time to find something else.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love reading series books also. Have you read Children of the Promise and Hearts of the Children?
They're by Dean Hughes. All together there's about 11 books, its based on a morman family back in 40's to the 70's living in Utah. I have all of them if you're ever interested.
I should have told you this morning that I would like to borrow them. I like good reads
Andy, I read the first 2 books a couple of years ago and am glad to know the name of the 3rd book.
Can't wait to get it. Also Iam glad that you can find time to read, considering all of those kidlets you have.
Sandy
Hey there how are you guys? I have been talking with Jen Shum and saw your blog. I think last time I saw you Abby was almost born or something like that! Your family is so cute... all those girls, what is the secret? We loved Bishop Derrick and will always remember the great bishop he was. Our Porter is 4 now, crazy how fast time flies.
Time to start the new Mitford Series. Can't wait for you to read it!
Can you get these at the library or are they considered church books? I am always up for a good book!
I read the first 2 book and am so excited that there is a 3rd book. I am so glad i read your blog and found out about The Star Garden. thanks
Post a Comment