I have been so sad today. With the passing of President Hinckley my emotions were set off already, but things keep happening today and I can't keep my tears from flowing. My very dear friend, Marissa Hunt, is moving this week to Peru. Her husband works for Phelps Dodge (not Phelps Dodge anymore, but I can't remember the new name) and has been assigned to a job in Peru for the next 3 years. I have known this time was coming and I was doing really good not being sad, but my emotions are on the surface and I can't help but feel sorry for myself that she is not going to be here for a while. I am excited for her and her family and their adventures they will enjoy together. Ron has told me that we can look into visiting her in 2009 or 2010. I don't know if he is serious or just saying this to help with the waterfall (constant tears) that he knew would come sooner or later.
Brett and Marissa Hunt
I also found out today that my neighbor Irma's young son was diagnosed with Leukemia. Christian is a 9 year old boy and in the 3rd grade. He has been fairly healthy most his life. With in the last month he has been dizzy and weak occasionally. But these were the only signs and they just came on. The Dr's that are working with him are being very aggressive and are trying to help him in any way they can. Their family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Then to top it off, my dishwasher motor blew up this morning. I was on the computer and a weird smell came in the room. When I went out to see what it was, there was a grey smoke and a horrible smell in the Family Room. Thank goodness I live in Az and can keep my doors and windows open in the middle of January. I hope this dark cloud passes and I can be happier tomorrow.
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your day. I know how close you & Marissa are. And I feel horrible about your neighbors son. Maybe your hubby could offer to give him a blessing..
President Hinckley was a wonderful Prophet. I thought of that picture you have of him. That is a great picture.
I am so sorry that Marissa is moving, but I just have to think that their family will have a wonderful experience. I am still waiting for that to come and miss you all terribly.
I will keep Irma and her family in my prayers.
I also thought of that great picture you have of him. That is a keepsake.
When it rains it pours huh. I guess those trials make me realize there are lots of people out there that I really don't want to trade with and make me get myself in gear and appreciate what I do have. Sorry that you had a bad day!
I am so sorry that your having such a bad day. I too was a little more teary eyed at the passing of Pres. Hinckley. We are actually thinking about taking the kids out of school Thurs. Morn to go walk through the memorial. I am sad for you about Marissa I know what a good friend she is and I am sorry she is leaving (but how cool would it be to go and visit her) and I hope that little boy gets better. I hope you have a better week.
Post a Comment