Porter and Torie got the opportunity to compete in cross country. Porter really enjoyed it last year so I was not surprised when he wanted to compete again. But Torie on the other hand I was shocked. Torie does not like to walk across the street much less run a mile, so when she said she wanted to compete I tired to talk her out of it but she insisted. After the first practice she wanted to quit. I informed her that was not an option. I paid $25 for her to participate, $30 for new tennis shoes, and $15 for the physical if she quit she owed me a total of $70. Her mind quickly changed. But my Torie is a smart one! She realized if she didn't get her eligibility form signed by her teachers she could not participate. The first meet comes and she can't run. But her mom is smarter! I informed Torie for every meet she missed, she would owe me $5. Guess what? She ran every meet and participated in every practice. She never won, she never came close to winning but she finished the season and I am proud of her.


Torie getting ready to cross the finish line. If you look closely Porter is running along side her encouraging her to the end. I love moments like this when I can see they really do like each other.
Anyone got a little crack? I just had to include this. Anytime Taralee bends over this is what we see.
8 comments:
I love to hear that you told your child that. It is something I would say and I sometimes wonder if I am being too harsh. Next time that comes to my mind, I will think of you and know that I'm doing the right thing : ).
You are a mother after my own heart! Basketball has pushed Kaeli to the limits this year too, but she knows we won't let them quit after she starts. She did tell me a few days ago that next year when she comes and says she wants to play next year I am to "firmly" tell her "NO, you can't play". She says - "please remind me how bad it was and do whatever you have to do to talk me out of it"! I just laughed.
Good for you for being such a "smart" Mom. And GOOD for Torie for finishing. Cross Country sounds like the ultimate torture to me!
What a smart mom you are. Way to go. Great job Torie for staying with it..
Charly always has crazk showing when she bends down.
it just makes me laugh that our kids think we ar so dumb. I have to laugh at the amazed look that comes across their faces when we beat them at their own game. We've had several of these types of things this past week! Horray for moms!
Good for Torie for stick'n it out. And good for Taralee for stick'n it out too.
Torie is the coolest kid ever! :)
A mile is far. I always tried to get out of track too.
Post a Comment