Porter finally got his braces! He was pretty excited to get them on and over with. Don't you love his rather large spittin gap between his 2 front teeth? He has been wearing an expander for the past 6 weeks. It was amazing to see how quickly his upper pallet expanded. That spittin gap was not there 6 weeks ago, in fact his teeth used to be quite snug. When he got them on he would say things like... "This isn't too bad! My teeth hardly hurt! I don't know why people complain it isn't that bad!" I never had braces so I didn't know how to warn him of things to come. Well 2 days after he got them on I got a call from the school nurse saying there had been an accident at school. When I got to the school (in all my glory I might add-I was just getting into the shower when the phone rang) Porter's top lip was stuck in one of his braces. He was playing football and he and another kid ran into each other. I guess the impact was pretty hard because his lip was stuck. The nurse refused to mess with it, I tried to pull it off and it was not going to give. After about 45 minutes of Porter messing with it, It finally tore loose. He now has 2 large holes in his swollen and black and blue lip. It hurts pretty bad and he can hardly talk. Poor guy! He now wants his braces off! He does not care what he looks like! Sorry Bug it is not going to happen! Your lip will heal!
Porter happy with his new metal mouth!
Porter happy with his new metal mouth!

12 comments:
Just keep truckin Porter. It will be worth the pain.
Love ya,
Grandma Rosie
OUCH!! Poor guy. I never had them either so I'm also one that can't help my kids. I just try to remind them to take lots of Motrin. I hope his lip feels better soon!
ouch!
Good thing about lips they heal pretty fast.
My boys told me what happened at school and felt bad for him. Poor kid. The braces look nice--now he fits in with the rest of the "metal mouth gang"
That is so sad! I feel his pain! My kids are still trying to get used to their new braces too! They didn't have to wear expanders, though.
So, I was bloggin the other night and come upon your blog. What a wonderful find! I can not believe how much your kids have grown and you've added a few more kids since Duncan. I enjoyed reading about your family. Hope you don't mind. areidhead@frontiernet.net
Ok, but he's so cute still, swollen lip and all. I certainly hope he learned the lesson that football and braces are a tricky match. And I certainly hope he heals up quickly.
No way! Ok- my stomach got quizzy just thinking about it. I mean blah.. I can't imagine my lip bing stuck like that. Poor kid
That just plain hurts. Good thing he so good look'n. Now he won't have to get coligin.
Oh that hurts! Tell him just to imagine himself with the best smile money can buy for many years to come!
just tell him if he kisses a girl her lip will get stuck. Ouch
OK - OUCH! I can remember those types of incidents when I had braces. You can't believe how sensitive the inside of your lips are! Especially toward the corners. Poor little guy! Tell him someone feels sorry for him.
Post a Comment