Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome Home Mom and Dad!

My parents have been serving a mission for our church the last year in Rochester, New York. They came home to Utah on February 7th and I was waiting for them to come to their "real" home in Arizona before I published anything about them on my blog (I wanted pictures with my kids). We just got word that my dad has a blood clot in his leg and has been admitted into the hospital to try and get it taken care of. Because of this clot he is not allowed to travel for 3-4 weeks thus postponing their trip home to AZ. We are sad to not get to see them right away, but my Dad's health is top priority. We as a family were so proud of my parents for their choice to serve. What a wonderful example they set for my kids and all their grandkids. It was wonderful to hear my kids remember their grandparents in their prayers. I loved it when Abby would say "my Grandma and Grandpa are in You Nork on a mission. She would try so hard to get it right and it always came out the same "You Nork". It was great to see their relationship become stronger than it already was. And it was especially great to see them grow spiritually. They have taken on a confidence in the Gospel that I had not seen befor in them. I know their love for the Book Of Mormon is much stronger because of their daily studying. I love my parents and am greatful for their oppertunity to serve. Welcome Home Elder and Sister LaRue! Well done thou good and faithful servents!

3 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I hope everything works out fine with your dad. How are you doing? Do you need anything?
Is that picture of them in You Nork? Abby is so cute!

Jen Shumway said...

What special words about your parents. So glad they found that clot early. It was fun to spend time with you yesterday. Sorry about the scratch on your baby.

Marissa said...

I am so glad they found out what was wrong with your Dad. How is he now? We also are thankful for their faithful mission and welcome them home. We will remember your Dad in our prayers.
Love, Marissa