Saturday, February 2, 2008

President "Hinky Winky" is my friend!

Today was President Hinckley's funeral because it was televised on BYU TV we had the opportunity to watch it while at home. It was WONDERFUL!!!! I love that man so much he has been such an inspiration to me and so many. During the closing song sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, they had random pictures of our Prophet. Ellie had been bebopping in and out of the room during the funeral and not paying attention to a whole lot, until the pictures were on the screen. She looked up and said "Wookit Mom there he is President Hinky Winky! He is my friend!" That comment brought tears to my eyes, because he was everyone's friend. I had no idea that she knew who President Hinckley was. This just goes to show you never know what these little ones observe and what they take in.

3 comments:

Bren's Life said...

That is so cute! Aren't you glad you have a blog now to write these things down to treasure!

TheShumWAYS said...

That is adorable! I loved that poem too. Go to my blog and click on Kerri and Doug, my friend did a video tribute of Pres Hinckley that is worth watching.
I love the things kids say!

Cassie and Chad said...

I too love Pres. Hinky Winky. That was SOO cute. That little Ellie is a doll and will probably keep you on your toes for quite a while.