Yesterday while I was out and about I get a call from Porter asking me if I will pick him up a Rubiks Cube. Ever since the school student council elections when one kid solved a rubiks cube while giving his speech (proving he could solve any problem that came his way, which I think was rather clever by the way) Porter has been fascinated with that toy. I picked him up one and immediately he went to work. Within minutes he had that thing so messed up I thought well it is ruined. From 4:00 pm till bed time he worked on that thing. Every once in a while I would hear "Oh dang it", or "Oh NO", or "Dang now I have to start over!" But he would continue on with it. Last night at 9:45 pm I came in to tell Porter I was going to bed. He could continue working, but be quiet and turn off the lights when you are done. This morning after he had been up for about 1 hour I hear "Yes! I did it!" He came running in just a pleased as anything-he did it the cube was perfect again! I was amazed. When I was a kid I would peel off the stickers. Ron said even he could never figure it out and he is one of the smartest people I know. Way to go Porter! As he was running to show his sisters he dropped the cube and and crash! The Cube was in pieces and so was Porter. Needless to say we will be going back to the store and purchasing a new cube and he will be starting all over again. Can't wait to see you complete it again!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Porter And His Rubiks Cube
Posted by
Andrea
at
9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Alright Porter! That's awesome. I couldn't do it either growing up...
I just love his smile! He's just so cute!!
Yay! My Porter has solved his 3 times now, then he messes it up and tries again. Those boys of ours--glad they are friends. My Porter had fun over there yesterday with your Porter trying to figure it out. I am sure he will do it again and again. Gotta keep those minds going....
If I had started working on the cube back in 1985 when they first came out, today I'd still be trying to solve that cube! I'm WAY impressed that he solved it in less than 24 hours! Bummer about it breaking, though. You're such an awesome mom to go get him a new one!
I only can get on side that is great he figured it out. if he google rubix cube it will give him hints.
That is so funny. I was addicted to mine at that age. I used to peel off the stickers too! Too funny.
Sounds like he thinks like an engineer. He sure looks like the one at your house. Goodlooking boy.
Oh yeah, I remember rubix cubes. I loved mine, and I did take the stickers off a time or two, but I also DID do the whole thing without cheating ONCE, too. It was to coolest. What a smart kid.
Post a Comment