Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby!

The fall is a busy time at our house. Three birthdays within 4 weeks what were we thinking? Anyway today is Abby's B-Day she turned 6 years old. I can't believe she is already 6 years old where has the time gone? Abby is my SWEETHEART! She is a very kind and compassionate child. Maybe it is because she has been through so much her first couple of years that she has a high tolerance of others and their ways. Abby is a very smart girl that loves to learn. Because of her size (she is really tall) we started her in school a year early and we are glad we did. Abby is the youngest and the tallest in her class, but you would not know she is young because she fits right in academically. Abby has the funniest personality! She always makes us laugh. From the very beginning Abby has been a wonderful eater. She loves her veggies. I remember giving her celery and carrots to eat for a snack one afternoon and hearing her giggling at the table. I asked her what was so funny and she said she was just so happy to be having the very best snack ever. We love you Abby! You are WONDERFUL!!

When Abby was 2 she ended up in the hospital for 9 days with an abscess on her liver (I know very weird). There was a time there when the Dr's. didn't know if she would make it. It was an awful time in our family. This picture was taken just weeks before this whole ordeal. Ron gave her a blessing just days before she went into the hospital and I clung to the promises made in that blessing. I honestly believe that is what got me through this awful time.

Abby choose to go to Olive Garden for her birthday dinner. After dinner Ellie asked when we were going to go to "All the Gardens" it took some convincing to help her realize that we said Olive Garden and not All the Gardens.

7 comments:

Cherai said...

Abby is close to me. I sure do love that little girl. Happy Birthday Abby. You can come to my garden anytime!

Bren's Life said...

She is such a Sweetheart.. I am glad her & Tyler share the same b-day. Two Great kids born on the same day..
Happy Birthday Abby!

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU Miss Abigal! Good talking to you last night.

JulzBlox said...

SO cute! I just love how kids interpret words. My girls used to call it "The Olive Guard" and now they call it "The Grape Restaurant" since there are grapes on the outside sign. Glad Abby is healthy and well. She has an awesome name, by the way:)

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I didn't realize she had the same birthday as Colten! Is that picture of her in the snow when we went tubing with you guys in Alpine? It looks familiar! =)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Abby!

Jen Shumway said...

She is so sweet she is rnning around my house with Lila right now, and playing doggy/baby