Porter and I had a surprise this past week. Some of our good friends came home for a surprise visit. My good friend Marissa and her family (Breton, one of Porter's best buddies) moved last January to Peru for a couple of years. Monday afternoon I get a call from Marissa informing me they are in town for a surprise for her dad. I was thrilled for 2 reasons: 1. Obviously I was excited to see her and her family, and 2. It had been a month since I could get in contact with her no telephone (Vonage is not all it is cracked up to be), and no Internet therefore no e-mail. I just knew something was wrong. It was so good to see them. We talked Breton into coming with us to Porter's B-Ball game and surprising him. When Porter saw Breton walk in he could not believe it. Too bad they lost their game, but it was fun for Breton to watch Porter play. Porter had another game on Wed. so Breton came with us again. Porter's team lost again. I told Breton if we weren't so excited to see him we would think he was bad luck for Porter. :o}
Porter and Breton wanted to spend Friday night together since Breton was leaving early Sun. morning. We went ahead and invited Prescott over as well since he and Breton knew each other already. They had such a good time. I am so grateful for the friends that Porter has chosen. He is always surrounded by good kids. It is so funny to me the difference of Porter's friends. We have the sport's nuts, the extremely intelligent kids, the really big guys (not hard to be this considering how small Porter is), and the younger guys. Porter doesn't care what people look like or who they are, he is just friends with everyone.
I had to take a picture of these 3 boys Friday night. Look at the size difference of these kids. We have Porter on the left, then Prescott, then Breton. There are only 6 months separating these boys. Kinda funny Huh?
Monday, October 27, 2008
Porter And His Buddies!!!
Posted by
Andrea
at
12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for letting him be a part of your "family time." It was the highlight of his trip. They are such good boys, so different, so much alike, and so cute. As for me, I hope to do better scheduling my own "play" time in December. I love you and appreciate so many things about you.
How fun! What a great surprise. I am glad you got to see her.
You did Great Sunday & tell Kymber that her song was SO Beautiful. It was the highlight of the program. She was so cute after, just watching her & how happy she was. She sure has an incredible voice.
She must not of got it from you huh? hee hee
April is that you??? Please email me if you see this. I want to be in contact with you too!
cooksaz@mchsi.com
Susan (Crum) Cook
I love this picture, too funny! Where did Porter get such short genes from? My friend was saying that her 14 year old boy is 6'1 right now. I hope he grows at least a little. It's nice that these boys are such good friends.
Post a Comment