I took this info off Cassie's blog, it pretty much sums up what is going on with Dad.
"Today I went with my parents up to Salt Lake to the Huntsman Cancer Center. It really is a big, beautiful facility. After finally seeing the Dr (we only had to wait 4 hours) he has decided that he will do an open biopsy on the tumor on my dad's pelvic bone this Wednesday. He (my dad) continues to be a mystery to the Doctors. Because they found cancer in my dad's lung but it is NOT lung cancer they have traced the cancer cells to his liver. But his liver looks clean and healthy. Then they find this tumor (11 centimeters long) on his pelvic bone. So the doctor thinks he needs to go into that tumor and get some tissue from it and see if they can trace it to the lungs. I think they labeled him "super complex". The doctor/surgeon he is working with now is the best. He is the number one tumor specialist for Huntsman. So we feel he is in good hands. After the biopsy then the surgeons and doctors will meet on Monday and have a "Treatment Planning Conference" where they will discuss his case specifically and see what they think the treatment and plan should be. So we know nothing more now but feel very confident in who is working with him. Now we are on to the waiting game...again. Thanks for your prayers and support...Keep them coming! "
Thanks for the info Cassie!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Update On Dad!
Posted by
Andrea
at
9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
First of all I am glad he is getting the best care & has gret DR.'s... I was going to call you this afternoon & time fly by then it was family night & I didn't want to bother your family...
Second- At least change the stinking wording of your sisters post. I read Today I went with my parents to Salt Lake. Well yeah you SAID you were taking it from her blog, but I just thought you meant the Dr's info. Not the entire post.
So I am thinking - how the flip did you get to SLC in time for a noon appointment when I talked to you at 9:00 am. And why didn't you call me to take you to the airport & watch your girls...
Stop laughing at me. And yes I am blond. But Hello!!!
I bet it is really hard to be here and not in Utah. I hope you are doing O.K.
I hope all goes well with your dad's biopsy. You are in our prayers.
I swear I left you another comment. I must be going crazy. Did you see it???
Your dad's condition reminds me a bit of when Eric Ramsey had cancer in jaw years ago. The doctors were baffled, yet he recieved a blessing that the jist of it said...find the source of the cancer and kill it. This memory has been running through my head for a couple of days and that's what I think we should pray for for your dad.
Waiting with you.
Thank you for posting the update - we will remember your Dad in our prayers. We love you!
Thank you for updating, I've been wondering every day how he was, or what was being diagnosed. I'm glad to hear he's getting great care, and hopefully they're on the right track with this. It is reassuring that they can't find anything wrong in his liver. Here's to hoping they track it down very soon and get this taken care of!!
The worst part is the waiting. After that, at least you are doing something to help get rid of what's in your body. Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment