Once again I got this off of Cassie's Blog...
"Today I went up with my parents to Huntsman Cancer Center to meet with the tumor doctor. Well after the biopsy last week they have determined that he will need a total hip replacement because the cancer has eaten away at the bone. He (the doctor) said it looked as though there had been termites in there. The bone is so bad that they have to create a new part out of cement and something like re barb but not. The Hip Replacement Surgery will be on October 15 up at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. He will be admitted there for about 5-7 days. At that time they will also remove the tumor. They also discovered that the tumor is not the source of the cancer and so they are passing him onto a new doctor. A "Gut" doctor. They believe that the cancer is somewhere in his GI tract. But are still unsure where it is. So next Monday he has an appointment with that doctor and a possible scope that will go down his throat and check all through his GI tract from above. So here we go again...Hurry up and Wait! We are still feeling positive, this appointment today went well, we feel like they are at least narrowing the search down. But we are quickly beginning to dread Mondays since that is when every appointment is. My dad is recovering pretty well from his biopsy, still pretty sore because where the tumor is they had to move around some muscle and make a great big incision. It is located near his Sciatic Nerve which makes that nerve "angry" and causes some pretty bad discomfort. But he is off his pain meds and is looking better"
I am grateful that Cassie is able to go to the Dr. Apt. with Mom and Dad. It is nice having another set of ears when we are dealing with something so complicated. Once again thanks Cassie!
Monday, September 22, 2008
My Dad Is Still A Mystery!
Posted by
Andrea
at
3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Are you going to go up there that week? Let me know what I can do to help, your girls are welcome to come here & play in the day...
Hope everything gets worked out & the Dr.'s can figure this out...
Your dad has always been a mystery! :) That is amazing how cancer can eat away at your hip bone. He must be in so much pain! I hope and pray all goes well for him. Take care!
You know Chad's change of job has been a real blessing. Raegan came up to us and told us that she believes that Chad changed jobs so I could help grandma and grandpa more. It is nice that he can sometimes work from home so I can help mom and dad. Thanks for the appreciation!!!
Sounds so comnplicated--hope they can figure it out soon. Keep up the positive attitude and things will be fine. Thanks for the updates.
It is encouraging they are finding problems and fixing them - little by little. He will continue to be in our prayers.
The waiting and wondering is so awful, huh? I hope they find it soon and that he can recover from all they are doing to him! Kaeli was disappointed that Bryndee wasn't coming up for the football game tonight... Bryndee is a good friend to Kaeli - I wish they see each other more often.
Post a Comment