Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Past Couple of Weeks!

Taralee is awake for a while so I will take advantage of the time and catch you up on the last couple of weeks. On May 17 my girls had their gymnastics performance. The older girls have been taking from Angela's Flip Zone for the last couple of years and are really progressing. This was Abby's first year at gymnastics, and she loves it.

I love Angela's Flip Zone because at alot of gyms you have to pay a $50-$100 costume fee. Angela wants to keep it simple she only charges $20 and likes to keep her costumes modest.

Last week we had 2 graduations. Abby graduated from kindergarten and Bryndee graduated from 8th grade. Silly me did not bring my camera to Abby's graduation so my friend took pictures of Abby for me she just has not sent them to me yet. When I get them I will post them at that time. It was kinda neat having one child at the beginning and a child at the end. While at graduation I had a realization... When Bryndee graduates from high school Taralee will be graduating from kindergarten. I will really experience the beginning and the end then.This is Bryndee and Joselyn her best friend. Too bad next year they will be at different high schools :(

Because it was Memorial Day weekend we decided to visit Ron's mom. We went on Saturday and stayed untill Monday. This is the first time we went to church with his mom in a long time. It was nice being with her.After chruch we went to Ron's Grandma McEuen's house. It had been 2 years since we had seen her. She is 96 years old. When my Grandma LaRue died I realized I did not have any pictures of Grandma with my kids. What a disapointment that was! So we were sure to have our camera with us when we went to see Grandma McEuen. We sure enjoyed our visit. Mike and Raime and their girls came also. Grandma McEuen with my kids Grandma McEuen with Mike and Raime's girls

After Grandma's house, Rosalie wanted to put flowers on Clyde's (Ron's Dad) grave, so we drove out to the Pima Cemetary as a family and just visited around Clyde's grave. After that we went back to Rosalie's house and visited some more and just watched the kids play. It was really nice spending the weekend with Ron's family.

Ron and Porter just starting an intense checkers game.

Tuesday we had Torie's b-day party. She choose to get pedacures and get ice cream. A fun time was had by all.

Torie was really sad that Sadie was in Israel and missed out on her party. Sorry sis I was just not organized enough to have the party before school was out. There is always next year.

Today Bryndee and I spent sewing her pioneer dress. She has a goal to sew her own dress for the Trek that is coming up next week. She is bringing 3 dresses, I made 2 and she is making 1.
Here she is in one that I made her. I think she looks pretty cute. When she has finished her dress I will post a picture. I get to go up to the Trek as a cook. Thanks to Rosalie for coming to our rescue with the kids again. I also made me some dresses but I don't look as cute as Bryndee so a picture is not needed. Ron will also be going the Trek. His duity is just to be there around the youth and deliver a talk when asked to. I am looking forward to going, Ron and I will sleep in a tent with all the camping comforts we have aquired over the years. We don't have to rough it like the youth and the ma's and the pa's. I will let you know how it turns out.

8 comments:

melanie said...

Love all the pictures. I have been checking to see how summer is going. Sounds good so far. Have a great time at on the trek. Melanie

Don and Sandy said...

Glad you are you back. I love reading you girls' blogs I think it is great that I know whats going on in your lives
I've been making pioneer clothes too. Emalie and Scott are on their trek right now. Kristen and Jackson have already been. They loved it.
Kristen is the YW Pres. in her ward, (Be sure to tell Stacy, she was Kristens favorite YW leader)

Anonymous said...

Who knew you were so skilled in the sewing arean. Good for you. I fear that my children will not be so blessed as to have me sew them anything. And for real, your kids are ridiculously cute.

Bren's Life said...

Now that's updating us on life! Great pictures.. I sure hope your around here when my girls need dresses for the Trek. Because I sure won't be sewing it.
That's great that you had such a nice time with the family. How come it's been 2 yrs since you've seen Grandma? Aren't you guys up there a lot?

Marissa said...

Sounds busy and fun! My mom is a cook on the trek this year too - it is so neat you get to be there with Ron and Bryndee. I love the pictures - everyone is growing up! I can't believe Abby - she is so pretty. It makes me sad she doesn't really remember me. Love you!

Cherai said...

WHOOOAAA... That is a lot to catch up on. Good job. Where those the costumes for gymnastics? How did that work? It is good that you can be sorta like a normal family and go out of town for more than one day. I am sure Rosali enjoyed the visit. Bryndee did a good job sewing that dress. Do they all have to do it or was that just her? Cause if they do you know you will be the one helping Sadie don't you? So be prepared! Torie party looked like fun. Sadie and her can go when they come back. Sadie's treat.

Cassie and Chad said...

WOW that is a lot of catching up to do. I must say I was rather disappointed not getting to see you in your pioneer dress. You must post pictures of you cooking on the trek. We are excited for July!!!

Cassie and Chad said...

Yea! I can`t wait until you all come up! And Bryndee looks good in that dress.