Thursday, May 8, 2008

Motherhood

I just got home from a wonderful Enrichment Night that our word put on. It was celebrating motherhood. The Relief Society put together a cute video featuring children from the ward. They asked them questions like What do you love about your Mom, Tell me about your Mom, and so on. Porter said "My mom has a lot of kids". He is a sentimental little boy. But honestly there is nothing more touching than the innocence of a child and the love they have for their mom. We had a wonderful dinner that was served to us thanks to Brenda P. Of coarse it was delicious, everything Brenda does is fabulous! On the table there was a quote that I had never heard before. I loved it and wanted to remember it, so I am going to blog it.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed some one's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
Sister Marjorie Hinckley

3 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I know I am so Amazing! I just can't get over myself....
Oh wait a minute there is a P. after my name, what you didn't mean me?
So that's why you never let me watch your kids or bring you dinner - all along I thought I was the amazing Brenda & you meant the other Brenda in the ward!
Thanks Friend!!!!
(I crack myself up) someone has too.

Bren's Life said...

And on a serious note. It was an Amazing night & I loved it.. Brenda P is very amazing & has so many incredible talents. I need to rub up against her & maybe some will rub onto me having the same name.. Gosh dang it!!

Heidi said...

I loved last night too! I am still smiling and feeling good, not just about the things said, but that everything went off without a hitch! Brenda is great...but so are her many helpers: Christy, Karen (and Pat, last night) just to name a few.

Yeah for mothers!