Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Father's and Sons Outting

As I read other's blogs everyone is commenting on their Father's and Sons outing. So I thought I would comment on ours. May 2nd and 3rd was our Ward's Father's and Sons outing. Porter looks forward to this outing all year long. Ron and Porter usually attend from Thurs. to Sat. but this year they would only be able to go up overnight because of all the time off Ron has already had to take for other things. Ron got a call Wed afternoon while at work and was informed he needed to be at a job site in Mexico Thursday morning, and stay there till the problem was fixed. Because of this the Father's and Sons outing was scratched. Porter was pretty disappointed. We had numerous neighbors offer to take Porter with them which he considered, but then he started to have problems with his asthma. He really started feeling lousy and we decided he should stay home so no one had to worry about him. So this year we didn't get to participate in the Father's and Sons. But that is ok because this Wed through Fri Ron and Porter get to go up to Prescott for Science Camp. They are both really looking forward to this. I went 2 years ago with Bryndee and really enjoyed it. I hope they have fun.

3 comments:

Jen Shumway said...

it is time spent with his Dad that is important. He will have a blast and I think Ron will too.

Bren's Life said...

I bet he'll enjoy being with his dad at Science camp way more than a night at Father's & Sons.. What a great dad he is to take time off to go up with Porter..
I hope his asthma is better!

TheShumWAYS said...

That is too bad but at least they get some time together! Jeff has to miss ours this next weekend because of the big grand opening with at the carwash with the chamber of commerce. I was really looking forward to it!