Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our Utah Adventure / Salt Lake

On Monday of this week we got Bryndee off to EFY. I took her and Joselyn to BYU and got them registered and settled in their dorm. They were both really quiet, I think they were a little nervous and not quite sure what to expect. I guess she is having a great time because I have not heard from her at all. I am lucky though because Chad is directing this EFY (that is how she got in) and Cassie and him are down there all the time. It is like I have a personal spy and pretty much know what she is doing. Cassie took lots of pictures of her at the dance so I could see who she was dancing with. Cassie and Chad also took it upon themselves to make sure her and Joselyn were dancing alot and mingling with boys. Thanks guys! I will post pictures later.

On Tuesday we took the gang to Salt Lake. This was Sadie's first trip to Utah so we thought she might enjoy Salt Lake. We drove to Sandy and then road the train to Salt Lake. The kids enjoyed the train, I would have rather driven there in the suburban. I don't know about you, but public transportation kinda grosses me out. But the kids had fun. When we got there it was raining pretty hard so we were limited as to what we could do. We went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and walked around and then to the Temple. I am always amazed at how beautiful that building is. We then walked over to the conference center to tour it. They would not let us in the main room because they were preparing for a concert this weekend (which Ron and I get to go to I will let you know how it is later). So then we asked to see the gardens on the roof and they would not let us go out because of lightning and thunder. So we walked back over to Temple Square and went to the Tabernacle. It was kinda funny none of the kids recognized this building inside. All they know is the Conference Center. I am always amazed how small the Tabernacle is inside. After this we braved the train again and went home.

When we got home I had a big surprise waiting for me. Ron had sent me a dozen roses with a card telling me he missed me and could not wait to come be with us again. What a guy! I have wonderful news...Ron is here. I just got back from picking him up from the airport. It was so good to see him. The kids were really cute when they saw him. Now we get to enjoy the last little bit of our Utah Adventure with a Dad. Hooray!!!

Ellie, Kalli, and Kymber riding the train.
The kids in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. This building is so amazing. The architectural details are incredible.
Because it was raining we could only get a quick picture in front of the Temple.
The beautiful roses my thoughtful husband sent me. What a wonderful surprise!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

It was so great to see Ron on Sunday. Now I just need to see you!!! It doesn't feel right to go to church and not see you guys. I am glad you are having some fun adventures up in Utah! See you soon!

Bren's Life said...

How sweet! Have you guys ever been apart this long before? Sounds like you guys had a fun day. I;m not big on public transportation either... See you soon!

Jen Shumway said...

Your house seems really quite. no bikes or scooters left out. I am sure Ron missed you all.

Cherai said...

Sadie said she had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking care of her. I sure miss you guys. Torie has got to get to growing. Sadie is towering over her.

melanie said...

What a MAN!!! Looks like a great month in Utah. I amso glad I got to visit with you for a little while. It is so nice to keep up with your family with blogging.