Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our Utah Adventure / Waterfalls Part 2

Torie had so much fun at Bridal Veil Falls that she wanted to take Sadie there when she came the next day. We decided to try out some other falls that we had heard about. With a 5 min. drive and then a 20 min hike we made it to Battle Creek Falls. This hike was not a green and lush as the other hike, in fact it reminded me alot of hiking in AZ. Once we got there we had a blast. We were able to get right up to the fall. Torie, Raegan, and Sadie tried to go under the falls but it was way too cold and the water too hard. This is what I love about Utah you can drive 5 min from your house and be able to experience many different things. Bryndee and Porter didn't go with us they were too tired (they are definitely becoming teenagers) and wanted to take it easy. I think when Ron comes we may hike here again and drag Bryn and Bug with us.

Battle Creek Falls

Torie with 2 of her favorite people Raegan and Sadie. She is so happy to have both girls there. I was a little worried having the 3 girl thing, but they got along so well.

Raegan, Sadie, and Torie trying to go under the waterfall.
The whole group, minus Ellie and Andrew they didn't like crossing in the cold water.


Abby was not a huge fan of the cold and fast water. This is where she spent most of her time, sitting pretty.



This picture is to prove that Cassie and I do like each other, and we can get along. It all comes with growing up.

Just me and some of my girls.

Like I said before, Ellie didn't enjoy the cold water. She spent most her time playing in the dirt and throwing rocks into the stream. She got so dirty, but she was happy.

Our hike back to the car. Doesn't it look like hiking in AZ? I love the fact that Kymber and Kalli are holding hands with Ellie! Too cute.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

That looks like so much fun! Can I come with you next time? The picture with the kids walking up the road is too cute!

Cherai said...

I think all your kids grew this summer or I just forgot them because you have been gone sooooo long. It is lovely here too...wink wink... or else it will be again. So come home!!! Thanks for taking Sadie. She is having a blast.

Allyson & Jere said...

Looks like you're having a delightfully fun summer. Lucky you to be out of the heat and just "enjoying" time away. Love all the pics and rundown on the acgtivities.

Jen Shumway said...

Did you and Cassie plan to wear the same colors to. Playing twins? You must be getting along.

Bren's Life said...

I have never been to any water falls in Utah.. I never knew about that. Looks like you had a Great time. I can't believe it's so easy for you just to take a dozen kids with you where ever you go!

Aussie Sue said...

I'm so wanting to be there Andi! Those falls look amazingily cool - how much longer did the train ride take? Can't wait to see more pics...