Saturday, July 5, 2008

Utah Adventure Con't. / 4th Of July Parade

Happy 4th to everyone! Celebrating the 4th in Utah is alot different than celebrating the 4th in AZ. Our day started at a parade in Provo. Thanks to Chad we had great seats (he got there at 4:00am to save them for us). The kids actually got to Provo at 6:00am to see the hot air balloon launch. This is something they have never seen before and were fascinated with it. The parade was very enjoyable. I don't usually care for parades, but maybe that has something to do with sitting in 110 degree heat. The weather that morning was really nice and it was fun just sitting and visiting with so many people.

Even Taralee got into the spirit of the 4th waving her flag.

These are all the kids in our group. My kids, Cassie's kids, Shelley's kids (Cassie's sis-in-law), and Banka's kids (Cassie's other sis-in-law). We had quite the group. They all did really good for being so many.

Ellie and her flag!


Ellie and Andrew stood on the side lines and waved their flag at all the floats that went by. They were so fun the watch!

This is Ellie and Dad walking back to the car. I thought it was so cute seeing them holding hands I had to get a picture of it. Don't they look cute in their festive colors!

4 comments:

melanie said...

I wish I was there. I love the provo parade. That was nice of Chad to go and save you seats. Looks so fun!!!

Bren's Life said...

That sounds so fun! I wish we had been there instead. Our parade wasn't that exciting this year at all. Not very many showed up & it was hot!

Tara L. Stradling said...

Man - I miss my kids! Great pictures...

Jeff and Bobbie Haws said...

I cannot believe how big your baby is! It seems like you just had her. Utah is a great place to be for the 4th. It's good to see you guys (at least on the blog) lol.