Saturday, July 5, 2008

Utah Adventure Con't / Fireworks

(Sorry I got my posts mixed up the start of the day is in the previous post.) As I said before celebrating the 4th in Utah is quite different from celebrating in AZ. Here fireworks are not illegal. Chad bought some fireworks from the grocery store and when it finally got dark (9:00 pm) we all went outside to see him set them off. It was fun seeing all the different kinds that are available. After he set off his fireworks, Stacey brought out the sparklers. The kids loved them. They were having a blast pretending they were Harry Potter with their magic stick. The big firework show was being held at the junior high which is only 2 blocks from my parents house. We sat out in their front yard and had a wonderful view. I loved watching the fireworks in the cool air. So much better than sweating to death in Az.
The kids watching Uncle Chad and his firework show. Even though they look bored to death they really enjoyed it!

Porter and Kymber and their "magic sticks".

Ellie wanted to have a sparkler so bad, but I felt she was too young and was afraid she would burn herself. She was not happy with my decision.

This was a great ending to a very enjoyable day. The only way it could have been better was if Bryndee and Ron were here with us. Bryndee is in San Diego celebrating the 4th with the Hardy family. She is spending alot of time on the beach and having a terrific time. Ron is still at home playing catch up with work. I sure miss him!

7 comments:

bryndee said...

ohhhhhh i miss u guys soooooo much!!! :o( tell ellie i have a box of sparklers left over from last year! ☺☻☺☻☺☻☺


i♥u all!

Susan said...

This looks like so much fun. I'm glad you got to go. If Ellie would have pulled that face on me-I would have totally given in! What a dolly.

Bren's Life said...

When Tyler was about 3 yrs old we let him & Steve's daughter Taylor paly with sparklers.. Tyler didn't know that they could actually hurt someone & pretended to use it as a sword & burnt a whole in the back of Taylors pj's & got her a tiny bit... Oops!

Cherai said...

Smuggle some over here to Arizona. No one will ever know. Also some peaches....

Kristi said...

I wish the 4th was a little more exciting here, but with 100 + temps I don't know that it will ever be. Also, because we can't have fireworks. I loved playing with sparklers as a kid. I don't think my kids have ever had that experience yet. Sounds like you are having a fun time up there.

Jen Shumway said...

Ellies face tells the whole story. Looks fun wish we could do fire works.

The Giffords said...

Poor Ellies, so sad! Looks like you guys had fun, well at least most of you!! ha ha