Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our Utah Adventure / Car Problems

I almost forgot...It seems that I can't come to Utah without some kind of car problems. Sometimes small sometimes big. This time was no exception. On my way home from Provo and the 4th of July Parade my suburban overheated. When my brother in law looked it over he thought it was the water pump. When he talked to the mechanic the mechanic said that in the 2005 suburbans the water pump was designed to not go out. He has never had to replace one only clean it up with a few replacement things. Well guess what? I am the lucky one! My suburban would be the first one he had to replace. $400.00 later I have a suburban that works great! I was so relieved that this didn't happen while I was driving to Utah that the amount didn't even bother me. I am once again thankful for prayers that were given and prayers that were answered.

7 comments:

Marissa said...

We are definately blessed more than we can realize. And really if there was going to be one pump replaced - it would need to belong to a LaRue. :) Torie and Bryndee are both growing up so beautiful. Love the hair! I think I could use the LaRue hair salon!

Bren's Life said...

What a bummer! Sorry- hope it's not too expensive to fix.

Susan said...

That stinks about your car, but like you said $400 pales in light of what could have been or what it could have cost. It sure has been fun to read about all of your fun adventures. I'm sure this will be a summer you will all remember for a very long time. Enjoy every minute.

*I am closing in on my two week post op and starting to feel human again.

Jen Shumway said...

Glad it didn't happen when you were by yourself on the way up.

Bren's Life said...

You better get back here... I think after so many weeks you lose priveldge to your bench!!!
What you don't like my way of random thinking!!!! Thanks for laughing at me. Did you get your Sub fixed?

Jen Shumway said...

aboutyour bench. I heard you will have to come early to make sure it will be there for your family.

Bren's Life said...

Tag your it!!! Check out my blog.