Well Porter survived B-Ball camp and he even had a great time. He even wants to go back next year and stay in the dorms again. I hate to say I told you so Bug, but...
I was able to go down to BYU and watch him play a game. As luck would have it his team was playing against Prescott's team. Porter and Prescott have always been on the same team so it is natural for me to cheer for both boys. Well the first quarter of the game Porter and Prescott were guarding each other so being Porter's mom I couldn't cheer for the boy guarding my son, it was kinda weird encouraging Porter to be aggressive against Prescott. Luckily after the first rotation they played at different times. So when Porter was on the court, Prescott was sitting out. This way I was able to cheer them both on. I felt much better about this! In the end there always has to be a winner, and Porter's team won. Hooray for the Bug!
On the last day of camp I was able to attend the awards ceremony (not because I am a good mom, only because I got there early because I was not quite sure where to pick him up) and I was glad I did though, Porter received an award. Only 2 boys out of each age group got acknowledged and Porter was one. He had no idea he was getting an award. I wish I could have taken a picture of his face when his name was called. It was priceless!
Even after the game the 2 boys are still best buds!
Porter receiving his award from the head coach of the BYU basketball team. His team also won champion tee shirts for something a kid on his team did. The problem was they only had XXXL size left. In this picture he has the shirt on. I guess he has a really cool PJ shirt now.
At the end of the camp with all his "Goodies" He looks pretty happy!
1 comment:
WOW!! Way to go Porter!
Post a Comment