Ariane has a wonderful resource in her mom who loves to entertain. After we choose our flowers we took them to her mom and she had these tall skinny vases and all the different sized candles that she let us use. I was so pleased with out table setting it was just as I had imagined it.
These are our name cards, a silver pot with pink gerber daises bunched together. Ariane embossed each name in silver. We didn't know we could be so creative!

Here is the actual place setting. I think it turned out perfect!

Here is our menu:
Here are our appetizers

Here are our desserts. When the flash went off it made the charger look gold instead of silver. I didn't even think about taking a picture of our salad and soup,but I did take a picture of our main dish, but it was very blurry and not worth posting.
Ariane and I took 2 days to prepare the food. So when the actual event came, the evening was so fun and relaxing. I enlisted Bryndee and Torie to come and help serve. Torie totally ate it up. She was loving every minute of it. She would fill our glasses, take away the dirty plates, bring out the new plates with the new dishes on them. Bryndee on the other hand, was much happier in the kitchen helping to prepare the plates and clean the dishes 0ff. These two girls are so different it is amazing they are from the same family. Once again it was a wonderful night and thanks so much Ariane for all the fun memories and to Brett for doing the dishes! What a guy!
10 comments:
I don't even know what to say to this. I'm in complete AWE!
What a great idea! I glad to have you back to blogging. I was getting worried that you were going to stop. I love to see what is going on in your life. Love the Easter picture.
It looks great. I bet you're glad you're done, but can't wait until the next one.
Whoa! 2 days to prepare the food! Holy moly!! I am so impressed.
And your chicken salad sandwich was to DIE for! I LOVED it. Seriously one of the best I've ever had. Thank you so much. I was totally kidding you nerd!
Thank you!!
Wow everything looks amazing! What a fun evening.
How fun is that?!! Your table looked fantastic. I totally LOVE Gerber Daisies, I just think they're so cute. They decorate Maggies room. Anyway, your group sounds like a blast. I'm quite interested to know how the chicken turned out, it sounds really good. Oh, and so glad you're back blogging.
If you ever need a guinea pig to try stuff out on--i would be willing to do that for you. Everything I have ever tasted of yours is wonderful.
Gerber daises? I am such a non-entertainer I've never even heard of them! (Seriously I just learned what a "charger" was last year!) It looks beautiful. I am not surprised though - you've always been good with decorating and cooking! I think you should share the recipes though so some of us non-gourmets can try a few of them in privacy.
Love you!
Wow! What fun.
That sound like so much fun! I want recipes!! Any chance of submitting them to the ward cookbook?
Post a Comment