Sunday, May 24, 2009

Maui!

Ahhhh Maui! I am finally getting around to posting my pictures of Maui. What a fun time I had. As I said before Tara won a trip through work and she took me as her guest. We stayed at the Weston Resort and it was beautiful! The view out our window was incredible. Tara and I spent most of our time at the beach. We rented 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella and camped out. Most of my week consisted of reading in the sun while getting a little color, playing in the ocean, and shopping. I spent alot of time in the ocean playing around by myself because Tara doesn't like getting in the ocean water (swimming things kinda freak her out). But even though I was by myself it was fun, I did a lot of people watching. I can't believe how many people should not wear a bikini and choose to do so. One day Tara and I booked a snorkeling excursion. The boat ride was so relaxing. While getting to our destination, a pod of spinning dolphins decided to visit us. It was really cool seeing those animals up so close. I have never been snorkeling before, and was kinda nervous. But those nerves went away quickly. Tara didn't like it very much (going back to the thing with being in water with swimming things) and after about 2 minutes she went back on the boat. I LOVED it! I found a couple that was really nice and let me tag along with them in search of a sea turtle. We found it and I swam right next to it. I could have touched it if I wanted to. I am really disapointed that the pictures were not too clear, I guess that is what you get with a cheap disposable camera. The day we left, Tara and I decided to try parasailing. It was amazing. I could not believe how quiet it was up there 600 feet above the ocean. The view was amazing and it was really fun. This trip was so much fun and I am really grateful for Tara taking me. Next time I am going with Ron!

1 comment:

Cherai said...

You should take ME next time. I am way more fun than Ron!