Most of you know Tara. She is my older sister by 18 months, because of this we have always been close. All through growing up her and I played together. We mostly played house and school. Even though Tara insisted on being the Teacher or the Mom all the time, I have wonderful memories of the fun times we had then. In high school we each had our own friends, but my friends were her friends and vice versa. In fact I just ran into one of my friends from MHS, Scott, and he asked how Tara was and then said she was like the big sister he never had.
When I went away to college Tara always came to visit me. When Ron and I started dating she was there listening to me when I needed a sounding board. When Ron and I lived in Morenci, Tara was the only one we could get to visit us there. For a while Tara moved to Colorado and then to Utah and I really missed her, but then she got wise and moved back.
Tara now lives only 5 minutes away from me and I love it. I always say I am so lucky my kids have 2 moms. My kids love Tara also. She is their confidant. She can get them to open up and talk to her when they are closed mouthed around me. Tara is always willing to come over and help me out with my kids when I am in a bind. On Tuesdays Ron has meetings, Bryn and Porter have YW and YM, and Torie and Kymber have gymnastics. For a while there I had to take all the girls (Torie on down) with me to gym and not get home till 8:30. It was a nightmare. Tara found out about this and offered to come every Tuesday and watch my 3 younger girls and put them to bed. Tara gives my kids piano lessons at my house and is willing to work around our schedule. Every Sunday after her meetings are over Tara comes to my ward and takes Taralee to my house and puts her to bed. While she sleeps, Tara finishes up the dinner that I have prepd and when we come home from church we have dinner on the table. What a blessing Tara is. She is a wonderful sister, aunt, and friend! Gift #7 Tara. Everyone needs a Tara! We love you and you can stop crying now! :o}

8 comments:
Man- Why can't I have a Tara too?? I was so gipped on no sisters.. I still find it very unfair... She can be my sister anyday..
I have a Tara, but her name is Kristen. We are very blessed.
Tara is definately a blessing - to you and to your kids. You should count her twice, or maybe even three times!
Hoorah for sisters! I don't know what I'd do without mine!
What a sweet tribute!
Tara is wonderful! I bet she counts all of you as blessings in her life too.
Okay - your last sentence made me laugh out loud because seriously, I'm sitting here bawling. I haven't been on your blog for a couple of days now and what a treat!
Thank you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is ME who is the one who is so lucky. Not the other way around.
Still crying here...
I wish I had a Tara here.
Post a Comment