I bet you thought I was going to be a slacker today and not post. But I am proving you wrong. It is 11:14 pm (way past my bedtime!) and I am still up. Porter went with Tara to the Sun's game tonight so I stayed up finishing a book while I waited for him. I love to read a good book. To be perfectly honest, I didn't read a book on purpose (I read books all the time for school, but I didn't enjoy it probably because I had to read it. I don't like being told what to do.) until I was bed-ridden while I was pregnant with Bryndee. I got so tired of TV that I picked up the book Anne Of Green Gables and loved it. That was the start of my love of reading. I tend to be fond of series. Yes I have read the Twilight series, but I have to say I didn't love it. Before you all gasp in disgust, let me explain. I loved the first book, I could not put it down. My house was a pit for 2 days. I was so excited to read the 2nd book. When it came out I read it right away. I liked it but I didn't love it. When the 3rd book came out I read it but not right away. I was so done with this story that when I heard there was a 4th book coming I was kinda irritated. I wanted it to be done with the 3rd book. So here it is months after Breaking Dawn was published and I can't make myself read it. I know crazy. Anyway back to some of my favorites...Goose Girl by Shanon Hale-love it! These Is My Words series by Nancy E. Turner-LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austin-Love It! In fact any story related to Pride and Prejudice I love! There are many many more good series and books but these are a few of my favorites. Gift #5 Good Books! If any one has one to recommend please let me know Thanks!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I used to LOVE reading until I got headaches so much.. I read a really good book a couple weeks ago.
I am the opposite of you... I didn't read the Twilight Series, even though Bobbie and Cherai tried to convince me to read it. I only read Book 4 to preview it for Kaeli. That was enough for me. I do love to read too, though. I just wish I had more time for it. I love that you are writing a Gift a Day...
I am with you on Twillight- I read the first book and decided it wasn't for me. I love to read though! I have enjoyed the Snita Stansfield series (she has several). I just love getting caught up in another world!
Didn't even make it through book one of Twilight series. I just don't see what the commotion is about. I LOVE to read too. I have a few books listed on my blog that i've read recently and loved. If you can believe, I have never read Pride and Prejudice. I have it so maybe I'll pick it up and read it during the holidays.
(I might have to copy you on this gift in my posting :))
I LOVE to read too! And I completely agree with you about the Twilight series. I wasn't going to read it until my sister-in-law bought the book for me on my birthday, so I had to read it. The 2nd book drove me CRAZY, when I was done reading it, I couldn't believe I had wasted that many hours on it. When the fourth book came out, I just read an online synopsis of the book. I have absolutely no desire to see the movie. It's good to know there are others out there who don't really like the series, I feel like the whole world is in love with it except me! Anyway, I loved Anne of Green Gables, and the Goose Girl series too. Some of my favorites that I can think of at the moment: Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope (a Princess Bride kind of story), The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis (my parents read these to me when I was little and I loved them), The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis, The Work and the Glory series by Gerald Lund (the first book is kinda slow, then it is wonderful), The Importance of Being Earnest, The Secret Garden, The Little Princess, and I LOVED the Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Kinda off the subject, but my absolute favorite parenting book is Raising Up a Family to the Lord by Gene R Cook. I do love to read, but most of the reading I have done in my life, was before I had kids. It is a rare and wonderful thing when I get to curl up and read a good book. Can I borrow These Is My Words from you for Christmas break? (This is the longest comment I have ever written, I should have just called you ;)
Don't forget to WONDERFUL Mitford Series by Jan Karon. Talk about wonderful books (sure wish I could find mine to read again)!
I had the same thing happen to me with twilight. Enjoyed the first one, couldn't get into any others. I haven't even seen the movie yet. I loved "These is my words" and the other 2. I really am enjoying your blog deep posts.
Oh my goodness I have SO MANY good book recommendations! If you want children's books, or adult books I have so many I could recommend. If you go to Goodreads.com you can see what books I've read, and I've put a rating on each one. If I had more time I'd list them here, but I have to leave. Seriously, you can always borrow from me, too, because I am literally a library. :)
Post a Comment