Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gift # 3 Sunday

I went to bed last night with a different gift in mind, but when I woke up I thought of a different gift that I felt was perfect for today. My gift #3 is today, Sunday. What? You may ask? I have not always viewed Sunday as a gift, in fact there are some Sundays that I view as a trial. I learned to like Sundays when Ron was serving as Bishop. I think it was because inorder to survive, we had to come up with something quick! When Ron was called I had 4 kids and was due any day with Abby, my 5th. My oldest, Bryndee, was 8 years old. My thoughts, as well as many others I am sure, were how in the world am I going to do Sundays? We learned to rely on each other, and enjoy the day.

When our meetings permit, we all take naps! I love Sunday naps. Those of my kids that do not want to nap just take time in their rooms and read, play legos, color, or whatever they can find that is quiet. When we are not napping my kids are playing, together! On every other day we have to compete with TV and friends. On Sundays we don't have either. I also look forward to a wonderful Sunday Dinner. Tara comes over while we are at church, and with our combined efforts (my prep time before church and her getting everything together while we are at church) we come home to a meal sitting on the table ready to be eaten. While Ron was the Bishop we didn't get to sit by him for 5 years, but we did get to see him every Sunday. He was sitting on the stand always smiling down at us. Sometimes shaking his head at us, and sometimes giving a certain child the look. Now with his new calling we don't get to see him during church very often. But because he is the 2nd counselor in the Stake Presidency and the 1st counselor is also in our ward, when they both visit at the same time Ron gets to sit with us as a family. We love this. My kids ask every week if he will be attending our ward. He usually has 2 kids on his lap and another one leaning on him. I love it because I get to listen and enjoy the meeting. Like I said not every Sunday is view as a gift, but for the most part they are. Gift #3 Sundays! Happy Sunday Everyone!

4 comments:

TheShumWAYS said...

wow that you can say that. I have a hard time keeping my kids reverant and my hubby is sitting with us hahaha. I do love sunday naps and will be thankful when 2:00 church is done :)

Unknown said...

Today I would not view my Sunday as a "gift" my children were very naughty actually just Max but he makes it seem like everyone if you know what I mean. Maybe next Sunday will be my "gift" Sunday. Way to be positive!!!!

Tara L. Stradling said...

I look forward to Sundays every week because I get to hang with your family. And when there's a Monday holiday, it's even THAT MUCH BETTER.

I'm thoroughly enjoying these gift entries. Well done and can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Bren's Life said...

You do do Sundays Great! You make it look so easy. I can't imagine Troy being gone every week. I think I would leave certain children somewhere....