Monday, December 8, 2008

Gift # 4 Mom's Rolls


Gift # 4 is my Mom's Rolls. My Mom is known for her rolls. They are light, they are golden, and they are delicious. It does not matter how many times I try to make my Mom's rolls they never taste like hers. Today I spent the afternoon making rolls as a trial run for Christmas Dinner and guess what? They are in no way like the rolls I had for Thanksgiving Dinner that my Mom made. They are good, but they are not wonderful. So my Gift #4 is my Mom's Rolls.

Mom making her rolls for Thanksgiving Dinner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love homemade rolls! I'm sure you will get the missing secret ingredient in due time. :)
I mean, it must be missing, right? There could be no other explanation. :)

TheShumWAYS said...

I love LOVE homeade rolls, I bet your mom makes good ones. You'll have to tell us her secret once you discover it LOL

Cindy said...

Your rolls are pretty darn good. I would take your rolls any day. I feel the same way about my mom--maybe it just takes years and years of practice.

Don and Sandy said...

Your right your Mom makes the best rolls ever. My mouth waters thinking about her orange rolls.
Will I ever have one again since she moved to Utah?

Tara L. Stradling said...

Amen sister - I just just talking with my former roommate who said the exact same thing - no matter what she does, she can't get them to be just like our mom's rolls.

Bren's Life said...

I sure wish I knew how to make rolls. No clue at all... I bet that's not a surprise though!

Allyson & Jere said...

I had no idea your Mom was such a goddess of the kitchen. To think, I never got to taste her rolls, and I was at your house ALL the time. I feel jipped!

Heidi said...

I know the feeling...for me it is my grandma's "feather rolls." I have decided that the secret is decades of practice. I bet my grandma's rolls didn't taste as good when she was in her 30's either. Keep on making 'em! :)