Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our Family Vacation!

We finally did it! We took our family to Disneyland and had a wonderful time. Thank you Ramie for all your planning. She took charge and planned everything. We stayed at the Tropicana, right across from the park, so we walked to and from the park and didn't have to worry about parking or a shuttle. This came in handy when we needed to take Ellie and Taralee home for naps. Because Mike and Ramie go to Disneyland multiple times a year they know the park very well and could navigate us to wherever we wanted to go in a hurry. They knew the best spots to see the parades and all the shows. It was a great time for my kids and their cousins to build memories. Danika took a liking to Bryndee and wanted to do everything she did. Ellie and Dyllin played really cute together also. The park was not too crowded so we rode every ride as many times as we wanted. My kids were so well behaved I was very proud of each of them. Grandma Rosie also went with us and we really enjoyed spending the time with her. We even got her on most of the rides. I told my kids before we left that they had to ride every ride at least once and then decide if they didn't like it. They were good sports and obeyed! Even Torie on the Tower of Terror, after much convincing she finally went and it ended up being her favorite ride. Kymber and Bryndee are our "dare devils" they wanted to try every ride and the faster the better. Ellie was even able to ride quite a few. She rode the Matterhorn with Ron and after the ride was over she said "Wow that was scary!" But wanted to ride more. All in all we had a wonderful time and am so glad we did it even if we had to take our kids out of school for a week.
(front row) Ellie, Dyllin (2nd row) Abby, Torie, Porter, Kymber, Danika (3rd row) Taralee, Andrea, Bryndee, Grandma Rosie, Ramie (last row) Ron, Mike
Mike, Grandma Rosie, Ron
(I think this is the only picture of Ron with his mom and brother that I have ever seen.)

Kymber was lucky enough to see Minnie Mouse and get her picture with her!



Before we left Taralee started getting a really deep cough and a rattle in her chest. I took her to the DR's and they said we needed give her a breathing treatment every 6 hours. He made me promise to be consistent or I could not take her with us. Seeing as this was not an option, I promised and she was a good sport about it. She sounds alot better now and hopefully we quit the treatments soon.

4 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I was so glad to hear about your fun trip... Disneyland is so fun for the kids. Poor Baby being sick & having to do breathing treatments. I sure hope she gets better fast. Let me know if you need anything..

Marissa said...

That looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun! I am glad you got to enjoy it with Ron's family. I hope this will be Taralee's only bout with a breathing machine - not fun.

Cassie and Chad said...

YEA!!! I love seeing the pictures of Disneyland. Looks like you had a great time. Welcome Home.

TheShumWAYS said...

How fun! Jeff thinks Disneyland is the greatest place on earth, I'm not sure who likes it more him or the boys!