Thursday, March 20, 2008

I love you Grandma!

This is a picture of my Grandma and her kids (that is my Dad next to her). Grandma passed away yesterday evening at the age of 96 years old. She has always been so healthy and strong until a fall last week caused her to have a broken hip and head injuries. This week has been real hard knowing Grandma would leave us soon and I could not get to Utah to tell her goodbye. We saw her last summer and I am grateful for the time we spent with her. I can't help but be excited for her because she will be with Grandpa La Rue again. Grandpa went for a walk 20 years ago and never came back. Because of his age they think he had a heart attack or a stroke and died in the desert. Grandma has been by herself for these 20 years not knowing what happened to her husband, but now she knows. I am sure the reunion was great! Going through this last week has given me a greater appreciation for our Heavenly Father's Plan. I can't imagine having to make the decisions my Dad and his sisters had to make without the understanding of seeing their parents again. I have such mixed feelings: Joy in my heart for Grandma that she is not suffering anymore, and that she is with her husband eternally; Sorrow for those of us left behind; Gratitude for my Savior for his Atoning Sacrifice allowing all this to be possible. I know that we will see both of them again and the reunion will be wonderful. I love you Grandma and will miss you.

4 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma passing. I know how hard it is to lose grandparents even when you know they are seeing their spouse again.
We just love them so much! I hope you can get to the funeral & that they have it here.
If you need anything let me know!

Marissa said...

It is hard to say good bye to those we love so much - I am sorry for the hurt you are feeling. It definately does remind us of the many blessings a knowledge of the gospel brings. Love you.

The Giffords said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard even though she is in a better place with her spouse and many welcoming arms. Wish I was closer. May you be blessed with comfort and peace.

Shayla Taylor said...

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs are sent your way.