Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SCHOOL STARTED!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the first day of School! Did you hear shouts of joy coming from my house? It didn't only come from me, my kids were ready and excited to start school again. Bryndee is a big freshman at high school this year. It is really weird for me to have a child that old, I remember vividly things that happened that year. I am excited for her to be in Seminary and experience what a fun and rewarding class that is. Her teacher is Bro. Corey Goodman. He went to Mesa High school with Tara and was one of her really good friends. She was excited to make that connection. Porter is in 7th grade, Torie is in 6th grade, Kymber is in 3rd grade, and Abby is in 1st grade. They are all growing so fast I can't believe it!
Torie (11), Porter (12), Abby (5), and Kymber (8) on the first day of school.


Bryndee (14) coming home on the first day of school. She had to leave that day at 6:30am so I didn't get a picture of her before she left. Look at the big smile on her face she enjoyed her day!

I have heard complaints about school starting too soon this year. I disagree with anyone who says that. If you think about it Aug is an awful month as far as weather is concerned. All the kids do is sit inside and watch TV or play the Wii. This way they are in school doing something productive. And they now get out earlier in May and that is a wonderful month so they can still go outdoors and enjoy themselves. I was thrilled with this new schedule. :o)

5 comments:

Jen Shumway said...

Every one looked so cute and not rediculous

Susan said...

Yea for school starting. (We just started today) I love the new clothes and fresh enthusiasum for school every year.

Bren's Life said...

I think all of us where cheering that school started... I could never do home school. Yuck

Marissa said...

I agree - they are too big!! Abby is so beautiful, she doesn't look little at all anymore - but still so sweet. Oh, I miss your family!

Unknown said...

I'm still terribly disappointed by what Bryndee chose to wear to school. And to think she could have made some money on the side too. Oh well.