I got this from my sister's blog. I thought this would be fun. I hope you will play along. Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together (or my husband). It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
Here we go...
Friday, August 8, 2008
MEMORIES
Posted by
Andrea
at
9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I can remember Cherai always talking about you all the time and she would tell me that you and I are alot alike. Then I met you and I thought that Cherai didn't know what she was talking about because you have it WAY more together than I ever will!
I remember the first time I talked to you. You asked me to get up at 5AM!!! to go walking with you. You thought since I was from a small town that all small town people got up early. That is what I would call a stereo type. Glad you called.
I remember being at your house in Morenci and Ron coming home - I do not remember what you were teasing hime about but suddenly he was chasing you around the house and you were running from him screaming and laughing and I thought it was one of the cutest things I ever saw! I have many good memories of time spent with you and your family - we love you all!!
Where oh where do I begin??? I'm gunna hafta think on that for a while.
Watching Hee Haw at Grandma Nelsons, playing cards till who knows what time with a big L on my forehead. Swimming from sun up till sun down, having Ron teach me to drive in that Church parking lot on Lindsay and southern, waiting in our house on ElMoro for the police to catch the guy hiding in English's backyard and calling him Randy the Rapest and you not allowing us to do so because "Randy was a nice guy" and of course American Idol...what in the world were we thinking NOT having our cameras.
Oh my Goodness! Havasupi, girls camp, ward camp outs. All the yummy desserts you used to make & bring over to share. When you only had 4 kids...
You calling & chatting with me when you were in Utah.. Sitting outside your house & talking until 11:30 & you don't stay up late.
So how come we never hang out anymore or even really talk outside of blog?
Family night at the school & I poured water down your hubby's back & he took off running full blast after me. I didn't realize he could run very fast. I lost my show & an earring or something.
I remember moving into the ward and seeing you with your kids (I think you had 5 then) and thinking they were so cute and their hair was perfect every week. Glad things haven't changed now that you have 7 kids. We enjoy sitting behind you every week abd so glad our kids are friends.
I am embarassed to even say it. But I sent you an email that was not for you and then had to run to you house and ask you not to open it. Did you open it?
Hmm, well I was 18 months old when you came into my life, so I really don't have great memories at that time. I do remember playing school and me ALWAYS having to be the teacher. Or playing house and me ALWAYS having to be the mom. Or sharing a stereo/radio and me ALWAYS having to listen to what I wanted to listen to. Hmm, not sure how you've managed to stand me after all of these years...
I remeber in high school watching you walk to semanary. You had 2 french braids and a boyfriend named steve(i think?). I was younger and though you were so cool. You still are!
Andrea, thanks for the comment on my blog! I also remember those Data-Cal days.....fondly?? Anyways, I remember that is when you and Ron were dating. That was a long time ago! You have a beautiful family!
Ok, sorry, I'm not playing the memory game (it could get you in trouble, you have an image to uphold). I'm simply responding to your comment in my blog. Yes, I know this will soon be over and I'll have a cute little boy to show for it, but GAH! And kudos to you for your SEVEN, I could never do such things. Anywho, would LOVE to do lunch. Mondays or Fridays are my workable days. Well ok, I s'pose a Wed. might work as well. Let me get my lessons under way this week, and then we'll work something out. Woo hoo!
OK FINALLY...
-wrong side of the median
-I'll take the brake and you take the gas
-matching bass shoes from VF
-you learning to make cheesecake for one Mr. Blue Eyes
-roger rapist
-the "stop in pima" song (come on you know you love it)
-finding out the mall in Safford was WALMART!!!
-the dorms
-jumping in cotton
-the chickens outside our window in the trailor house that kept us awake
-one semster appart...you wanted to be independent but just for a little bit
-watch you first hand fall in love for REALS and TRUES (Ron is a lucky guy for sure)
Ok you have enough "Memories". Now update your blog. Move on with your life won't ya?
Going to Havasupai, raising kids - sharing ideas, course boys are easier than girls.... I agree that you always look like you got it together, with or without Ron... and you look cute every week... oh, I also remember getting up early to walk with Cherai and Tonya - can't do it as well by myself... love your cheesey bread recipe too. Thanks for being you ♥
One memory I have of both you and brother Derrick is when you were driving Marie and Rachel Huggins and I to the baptism trip. You had Bryndee and Porter and were pregnant with Torie. Bro. Derrick kept rubbing your belly and we all thought it was so cute. Also, we had to listen to kid songs the whole way there because of your kids and you kept saying you were sorry, but we didn't mind it at all! And one for bro. Derrick...once he taught us seminary and showed up with a blue sock and a green sock. So every time he subbed after that, we always checked his socks! I really appreciate when you both did for me growing up. You were and still are a great example!
Nicole Baker
Post a Comment