Today at church Ellie was the worst she has ever been! Tara will back me up on this! Since Ron is in the Stake Presidency when he visits our ward he has to sit on the stand. We are used to this because he was just released from serving as Bishop for the last 5 years. Anyway, when ever Ellie is beyond control Ron takes pity on me and comes off the stand and takes her and has her sit on the stand with him. In the past this has worked, not today. She was pitching a huge fit over what we still do not know, and Ron came off the stand and took her and started walking back up to the stand to sit with him. She started screaming, "No I want Tara." Ron then took her out to try and reason with her. He came back in headed toward the stand and she started screaming, "I want mom!" At this point the whole congregation was laughing under their breath. I don't know if they were laughing at Ron's desperate face or at Ellie herself. He turned around and tried to give her to Tara and she screamed, "I want Daddy!" So he kept her and he turned around and walked out again. At this point I went out to help. She came in with me and screamed,"I want Tara" so I took her out again and stayed with her till it was over. What I didn't know was while I was out the Bishop sent the Deacon sitting on the stand out to open his door and find me so I could take her in the Bishops office to pitch her fit. He did this because he knew that when Ron was the Bishop that is were we would sit till she could be a "Good Girl". She never got to the "Good Girl" stage today but as soon as it was time for nursery she was just as happy and as good as can be. I love Sundays!!! I have to keep telling myself that so that I will go back.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have never, ever, ever seen a child so absolutely adorable act totally like the spawn of Satan. She was in rare form and I have never seen a child act the way she did today. If anything, you are downplaying how rotten she really was. Hilarious. But completely and totally and utterly rotten! Gotta love that Ellie Girl!
Wow it's nice to see you finally struggle with one of your children since all of the Derrick children are angels and so perfect all of the time. :) (that is a sideway smile face) She is a cutie!!!
Oh my goodness - I am so sorry I missed today. Reading Tara's comment makes it even better. That just cracks me up..
Allie & Charly have been rotten today too, but at least at home & not in front of everyone... I have a case of Dr. Pepper if you want one. Now that it is 8:50 p.m.
She was so cute, only because I was watching and it was not mine.
Oh, how I loved reading about the antics of Ellie. I can laugh and think " been there, done that"
I think I found one good thing about being old.
Post a Comment