Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Full Of Truth!

While I was preparing for a talk I get to give for the San Tan 1st Ward's Enrichment Night, I came across this quote. I feel it is full of truth especially with the outcome of this election!

“Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house.” Barbra Bush

8 comments:

Bren's Life said...

What a Great quote..That is going to be so true even more now..

Paul and Mari said...

That's a great quote. Thanks for sharing it with us! Where did you find it?

Jen Shumway said...

So True! Your family is the most important!

Susan said...

So true and well put.

On a side note:
This whole election thing was new to my kids. For the first time they took note of all the elcetion signs and we have discussed a few issues. They knew of my preferences and didn't consider that their mom might not be in the majority. Apparently there is big talk of politics on the playgroung. Of course it is more of I gunna be right and your wrong than anything else. As the elcetion drew near I realized I needed to clue them in on the reality of things and encourage more appropreiate talk of the other side of things. So, yesterday as I got them up they asked, "So, who is our new President MOM?" I am proud to say they pinched their lips shut and only stompped around a little.

Cherai said...

I would have to agree

Cherai said...

You have been tagged

Karen said...

Here Here!

Bren's Life said...

I am still dr pepper free. I have a stinking headace & am shaking at the moment...

Thanks for the reassurance..