
The LaRue girls (Cassie, Stacey, Tara, Andrea, and Leslie)
After the funeral and before the luncheon, I had to take Taralee into the doctor's office. Her coughing was still very deep and she had been on breathing treatments since California. She would wake up choking at times because of the flem she had. Taralee was going to accompany me to Colorado and our flight was scheduled for Friday morning at 6:30 am, hence the reason for concern. Taralee's breathing was OK just alot of flem, but what we didn't realize was she had a double ear infection. Because of the pressure on the ears caused by flying and the fact that I was still sick (I had also gone to the DR and got a heavy duty antibiotic for a sinus infection and an inhaler to help with my breathing), Ron and I felt it was better for Taralee and I to stay home. It was a hard decision to make, but in the long run I believe it was the right one.
Jake at the Denver Colorado Temple - What a terrific missionary he will make!
My family said Jake's farewell was wonderful. He is already a missionary, by inviting at least 20 of his friends that are not of our faith to hear his talk. I was told the spirit was very strong and he did a wonderful job. I am sad I did not get to be there with him. Sunday after the farewell my Mom and Tara took a flight back to AZ (my Mom lives in Utah) so my mom could be here to help out my family while I was in the hospital. On Tues. April 1, 2008 I was in the hospital to have a hysterectomy. Luckily the antibiotic helped out and I was well enough to have the surgery. Everything went well and I was in my room starting to recover by 1:30 pm. At 2:30 pm Ron had to leave me at the hospital and have a MRI done on his head. He had been having terrible migraines for 3 weeks. The Dr wanted to make sure there was nothing developing on his brain. We got the results and everything is clear. The Dr said his migraines were a cluster kind of headache and they would go away soon. I am happy to say that they have gone away. The only problem is we don't know if and when they will come back, and what causes them. I came home from the hospital on Thurs to a spotless house and a tired Mother. My mom has never experienced Ellie before and was a little nervous after the nail polish incident. She got a lesson in Ellie 101 and passed with no major incidents. She even had time and energy to give Torie a perm. It looks wonderful! Thanks Mom for being here to help Ron and I really appreciate it.

Torie happy to get a perm from grandma!
Saturday and Sunday April 5 and 6 was General Conference. What a wonderful Conference it was! I was proud of my kids they were pretty good at watching all 4 sessions. Porter got to experience the Priesthood session. At first he was a little sad when he realized he had to watch to 5 sessions and the girls only had to watch 4. But after it was over he told me he loved it and can't wait till Oct. Maybe it is because he gets to go out to dinner after with just him and Dad. During the Sunday afternoon session, Tara was playing with Taralee and discovered she has her first very sharp little tooth. She is such a good baby she never complained while it was cutting through. This now brings us to this week. I was a little nervous having my Mom gone and Ron and Tara gone to work and the kids all at school. This left me at home with Ellie and Taralee. I am not suppose to pick up anything, or do anything. I was not too worried about Ellie, all I needed to do was lock all the doors in the house and she was confined to the family room and her bedroom, not too much damage could be done in these rooms. I was concerned with Taralee, and her needing to be picked up to be put her in her bed, and being held while feeding her. But thanks to a neat little travel bed I found everything went alright. This bed is basically a little box that has a mattress in it. It can be put on the ground so I can just drag her blanket over to the bed and lift her in while still in a sitting position. As far as feeding her I drag her blanket over to the couch, sit down and lift her up to my lap. It has all worked out great!
Taralee in her "box"
I am recovering pretty well from my surgery. The hardest part is not doing anything. But I am told by many people that if I will be careful in the first couple weeks the recovery is much better. I am also told that after all is said and done I will be surprised at how lousy I felt before. I have to say I have wonderful family and friends. I received many visits in the hospital with cards and flowers, numerous dinners brought into our home, wonderful friends that take my kids so I can lay down, and a wonderful Mom, Sister, and Husband that have picked up all the slack I have left behind. Thanks so much I love you all. Now please let things slow down so we can live a normal life (if you can call the Derricks normal).
5 comments:
If it slows down you'll be bored! I am so glad to hear you are doing good. I love the bed, wow I've never seen one like that..
Please let me take the girls for the day.... I want to help!
no, i dont think you CAN call us normal mom! ;o)
Ok-fine thanks for the Honesty!! But aren't the puppies just so dang cute! I guess I didn't think about Charly & Allie mauling it to death & Allie trying to put makeup & a bandana on it.. What movie is it that the little girl dresses their dog up all the time?
Wow crazy! Hope you are recovering from well everything!
Just wanted to say thanks for coming to the temple and being with us! Tell Torie Hi for me!! To bad we don't live closer they could come and babysit for me!!
Post a Comment