Monday, April 21, 2008

What happened to things calming down?

I should have never opened my mouth and said " Now let things slow down so we could live a normal life". That simple phrase caused havoc on our family. About 2 weeks after my surgery, I started feeling really good. In fact I sent Ron with Kymber and Porter to Safford to help his mom with some things around her house. On Saturday April 13 I woke up feeling kinda weird. As the morning went on I started to get really uncomfortable on my right side. I thought I must have over did it the day before. But the feeling became painful. There was no relief to the pain I was having. I called Tara and asked her to come over and help with the kids, and called Cherai and had her take me to the hospital, and called Ron and asked him to come home. Four painful hours later they finally gave me drugs through an IV and did a CT scan and discovered a very large Kidney Stone that was stuck right above my bladder. The hospital I went to did not have the right kind of DR. to treat me so I had to take an ambulance to Banner Desert. Once I reached the hospital, and they saw the size of the stone they determined that I needed surgery to remove it. So on Sunday April 14 I went under again to remove the stone. The Dr decided I needed a stint ran up to my Kidney to help me pass any other stones that might be lingering. Honestly the stint was the worst part of the whole ordeal. I can feel right where it is at, and it is not very comfortable. I get to go in today and have it removed. Happy Day. Once again I am so grateful for wonderful people in my life. Thanks Rosalie for dropping everything and coming here to help with the kids. Sorry you got sick while you were here, I hope you are feeling better. And like before thanks to Tara who is always willing to step in and be my kids 2nd mom. We are so lucky to have you so close by. And thanks to wonderful friends and neighbors and family who kept me in their prayers, wasted their Saturday morning to come and give me a blessing, and kept my family fed. Sorry 9 is a lot to feed. I am very anxious to start feeling better and get my energy back. This whole ordeal really taught me to appreciate my health. Even though we are not sure what caused this, I am very aware of what I put in my mouth. Hopefully my family and I can make an effort to become healthier. We will see. :)

8 comments:

Bren's Life said...

I am so glad your getting your stint thing out.. I hope now we will be able to go on that bike ride we've mentioned, before it turns 100'.
Please let me know what I can do to help. Charly is finally feeling better & the fevers stopped as of this morning. So your girls can come over & play...

Tara L. Stradling said...

Geez Andi - make me cry why don't cha? You guys do oh so much more for me than I could ever do for you and your family. I'm grateful for all of you!

Cherai said...

Yes I read your blog sometimes...
You caught me. I am glad things are getting back to what your family would consider normal. We all love you.

Cassie and Chad said...

So happy that you are feeling much better!!! What's Normal?

Heidi said...

I had a kidney stone on New Year's Eve, but not a whopper like yours. There must be something in the water here!

lisa said...

Andrea,
I found your blog from Brenda's. It is awesome and your new baby is gorgeous. I don't really blog well yet. I have somany pictures to put on my blog. Hey, you know that video we watched at church with that lady talking to teens about sex and std's. Do you know what it is called? Just curious for my ward. I hope to hear from you. Lisa Bagley

melanie said...

I love reading your blog. I am so sorry that you have had to go through so much. I can't even imagine. I am sure Jennifer is a big help. She is a great friend to have close by. Take care of yourself.

Don and Sandy said...

Sorry to hear about all of your trouble. It seems to run in you family right now. Hope things can start to get better for you.