Well here I am! Like it or not, I am back! Now let me explain the reason for my prolonged absence. Yes it is true I was really busy! Usually I shop for Christmas all year long. With 7 kids shopping all year long kinda takes the blow of how much you really spent away. Anyway this year was kinda crazy with being in Utah the whole summer, my couple of surgeries, Ron's work being totally crazy (60 hour work weeks), Going back to Utah for Thanksgiving, My kids being much more active in school so me being a single mother having to cart them all over the world, and so on and so forth! I was also in a funk due to some really hard things I was going through and just could not get into the spirit of Christmas. I decided to start listing "My Gifts" to try to help me get out of this funk. It worked! Every day I was excited to get up and list another gift. The problem was, I was spending too much time on the computer when I would post. It got to be December 13th and I still had not purchased anything for Christmas. So I had to walk away from my computer and leave it behind. I feel bad because I did not finish my Gift list. I had so many more to list: My WONDERFUL neighbors, My Mom, My Dad, All my sisters, Marissa (She left me in January 2008 and moved to Peru), Cherai (she is leaving me sometime in 2009 and moving to New Mexico), All my friends, Rosalie (my mother in law), My testimony of the Gospel, and most importantly My Savior, Jesus Christ! So please don't think less of me for stopping Mid-Gift-List. I am not an ungrateful person, just an emotional busy one.
Another reason I quit posting, especially after Christmas and into the new year, is because my camera quit. It just quit working. I don't know about you, but I think a blog without pictures is really quite boring. Sorry if I offended anyone with that but it is true. In my opinion, pictures make a blog. So because of the no camera business I have no pictures of our Christmas 2008, I have no pictures of my kids in their snazzy new church clothing, I have no pictures of Bryndee and her friends at our first annual New Year's Eve breakfast, I have no pictures of Torie and her way cute hair cut (yes I did say Torie and hair cut! She had a neighbor cut almost a foot off her hair. She is quite styling with her sassy new cut!), I have no pictures of anything that happened in the end of 2008.
I finally broke down and got a camera. Actually I took the camera that was meant for Bryndee for her birthday, but I got desperate. I was trying to hold out for a neat, fancy camera but I decided Beggars can't be Choosy! So now I have to figure something else out for Bryn. But I have till March for that one.
So here I am back in the blogging world ready to document 2009 with pictures to prove it. Just not now, I tried to upload some pictures and it said I have an error. Just my luck! I will have to try later. Until then....
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I Am Back!
Posted by
Andrea
at
1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I'm glad you are surviving! I asked Cherai last week if you were ok and she filled me in! Glad you are back with the (blog)living!
Welcome back! I need some pictures so I can feel updated with all of your families comings and goings. What a bummer about your camera, that stinks. I would be totally bummed if that happened. Hopefully 2009 will be better for all of us. Though I've experienced lots of growth from trials in 2008. Happy New Year and I can't wait to see pictures soon!
Oh by the way was Torie able to donate her hair to locks of love?
Woohoo! So happy about your return.
I was wondering what the heck happened to your blogging... I agree though about the pictures making a blog. Too true.
And I am really sorry about you having a hard time. And all the stres you've had. You know you have more then a few friends that would be so willing to help you in anyway if you'd just say Hey 0 Help! I'd love to help in anyway I could. And that is the honest truth..
And would you let me be a friend. Sheesh what do I have to do stock you & start coming by while your still in your pj's?
I don't drive my kids to school, ok well I do Charly. But since Sonic is off limits. I don't think about stopping & bugging you. I go shopping instead.
Do you like this long post. It's been so long & you ignore me now. So I am making you listen to me & me listen to you & be best buds...
I crack myself up..
Seriously - what can I do?
Glad your back! I don't know how you do it anyway. The only explanation is that you have angels helping you.
Sherene and I tried to get Chad to go to the New Year's dance with Maegan and then to your house afterward. He wouldn't do it. He is such a shy 14 yr. old. I guess I should be grateful and not worry about it until he's home from his mission, but a party at your house would have been a great place to be. There's always next year, maybe. Sigh!
I am thankful for you too. Remember you said you would visit. I think when all your kids are gone you should go apply for a big corporate job because you are qualified for it with all this experince youre getting at home now.
Yay, welcome back. Glad you're back in blogging world. Thanks for having the New Year's party--even if I did have to stay up til 2 a.m.! I think that's a record for me. Kami said the food was yummy--now another recipe I need from you. Ü Can't wait to see pics
I agree that this sucks up your time. It is a good thing but so much time can go by after you post something and check on all your friends. sheeze! We missed you all at church yesterday, it just wasn't the same without you all in the front row (well 2nd row)!")
As someone who doesn't use a lot of pictures with her blog, I'M DEEPLY OFFENDED YOU DUM DUM (smile). Not really. I just don't have a camera and taking pictures of me NOT spending money isn't very fun either. I know. I've asked.
Glad you're back to the blogging world. I talk to you just about every day, but I enjoy what you write too.
Love ya!
glad your back. I have gotten out of the habit too.
Post a Comment